Monday, August 1, 2011

Thoughts from an afternoon

As I sit upon this grassy knoll reminding me of psalms so beautifully written to remind me of His presence here with me I hear the cries and laughter of those on the ride of steel. Seeing only the soliloquy of life represented in this moment I am panged to think that they are within feet of knowing the one in which they seek. That the thrills in which they chase on the ups and downs and twists and turns of this man made beast could never compare to the son of man. That the knots of this ride isn't what will satisfy but only the knots of a tree. A tree carried by a man so innocently bleeding across these knots...the knots...the blemishes that serve to remind of a disease that deformed the original design but after being worked on by the Master is carved and polished to be beautiful and desired. These knots on this tree carried by the one who was sent be the thrill that I search for, that I long for, that I desire...this knotted tree from an ordinary field not raised to be anything eloquent or carving so glorious but simple known from seedlingly that the One wino breathed life into the seed knew that it was to grow into the tree used by the Master to set this world free so that the one that is driven by the thrills of life would some day come to know the One who loves him so, every knot, every up and every down was there to be breathed on and one day used by the Master. It's on this moment that I realize I am here. Here to sing of His love so amazing, so unchangeable, so astonishing and His beauty and magnificence that is mine to sing, nay to shout to the one on the man made beast HEY JESUS LOVES YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment